FREQUENTLY ASKED CONSIGNOR QUESTIONS…
What are the benefits of consigning with Closet Envy Consignment Events?
- It’s an easy way to make some extra money on the things just sitting in your closet you know longer wear. You earn a minimum of 70% on your total sales. You can earn up to 75% if you volunteer for one of more shifts!
- We have a tagging system which keeps track of your inventory. You are able to login to your account anytime during the sale to see what you’ve sold. It’s the best way to keep track of your items. All you have to do is enter each of your items into the system, after you’ve registered.
What are the benefits of having the tagging system?
- Believe it or not, your tagging will go much quicker, and it gives you the security of knowing each of your items are loaded into an inventory system and during the sale everything is done through a POS (point of sale) system. Nothing is manually done at our sale!
- The shoppers will enjoy a faster checkout. Having barcoded tags make it easy and quick for the cashier to checkout each shopper.
- You will receive your money faster. The computer system reconciles your sales and print your check. Nothing has to be manually added up and reconciled.
- You will ALWAYS have the same consignor number. So for all future sales, any unsold items will already be tagged. Tags DO transfer to future sales!
If I don’t want to use the tagging system, can I hand write my tags?
- No. Unfortunately it leaves too much room for error, creates more time spent on manually adding up your sales etc. Everything consigned with Closet Envy Consignment MUST have the barcoded tag attached.
What items can I consign at this event? Is it seasonal only?
- Our DFW event is ALL SEASONS! Please feel free to bring any season you wish! We accept all clothing, shoes, handbags, jewelry, accessories, etc. **ALL MUST BE IN EXCELLENT CONDITION**
Why are the rules so strict on quality?
- We strive to offer our shoppers the highest quality consignment shopping experience. We want to be remembered as having only excellent quality items. There are other places to sell and purchase fair quality used clothes and shoes. This is an upscale high end consignment event. Please do not be offended if we don’t accept some of your items.
When and how will I get paid for my sold items?
- Please bring a self addressed/stamped envelope when you drop-off your items. We will mail checks within 14 days of the sale ending. If you forget your stamped envelope, we you can purchase one for $1 during drop-off.
What happens to my unsold items?
- When you enter each of your items into our system, you have the ability to choose whether you want to donate unsold items or not. If you choose to donate, we will include them in our donation to local women’s charities. If you choose not to donate, you will need to make arrangements to pick up your items by the PICK-UP date deadline. Anything not picked up by the deadline becomes property of Closet Envy Consignment and may be donated. There will be NO exceptions made! The donation truck picks up at deadline. If you are unable to pickup your unsold items, we suggest making arrangements with someone you trust to pick them up for you. Or you can check out our ADD-ON services and contact us for a “delivery” quote in advance.
How many items can I consign?
- Currently there is no maximum to the amount of items you can consign. However, there is limited space and once we have hit our maximum amount of total items, registration will close. So if you have a lot of items, we recommend getting registered and your items entered as early as possible!
Do I need to stay with my items during the sale?
- No. Once you have dropped your items off with us, we do the rest! However, we would love for you to volunteer. There are lots of great perks to being a volunteer. Visit our VOLUNTEER page for more information!