About Volunteering at the Closet Envy Events
Our Volunteers are who make our Consignment Events SUCCESSFUL! It takes an army to pull off a 3-day event like this! So much work goes into it, and we really could not do it without our volunteers! We like to THANK our Volunteers by giving them a pass to come shop our Pre-Sale before we open to the public. The more shifts you volunteer for, the earlier you get to come shop, and the MORE fabulous things you get to buy at the best deals!!
WHY YOU SHOULD VOLUNTEER AT OUR EVENT
- If you are a Consignor, you get back an additional 5% on your sales. A Consignor who does not volunteer, receives 70% on their sales. A Consignor who DOES Volunteer, receives 75% on their sales PLUS a pass to come shop at the Pre-Sale.
- Anyone who volunteers for at least ONE 3-hour shift gets a pass to shop at the Pre-Sale before we open to the public.
- If you work THREE or more shifts, you get to come shop the Pre-Sale when the doors open at 5pm on Thursday, October 8th.
- If you work TWO shifts, you get to come shop starting at 6pm.
- If you work ONE shift, you get to come shop starting at 7pm.
- Volunteering is FUN!!!! You get to meet so many fun women! It’s a great opportunity to make new friends, hang out with existing ones if you’re volunteering together, and be a part of this amazing event everyone will be talking about!
WHAT ARE SOME OF THE THINGS I WOULD DO AS A VOLUNTEER?
- Drop Off & Set-Up
- Inspect items as Consignors drop off to ensure they meet our “accepted” requirements.
- Check-in Consignors accepted items
- Prepare and organize items for the sale
- Place items onto the sales floor
- During Open Sale Hours
- Assist with Check-Out
- Assist shoppers in the jewelry section
- Assist shoppers in the shoes section
- Assist shoppers in the handbag and accessories section
- Manage fitting room areas
- Organize and re-stock the sales floor
- Greeting and security at the front door (security just means, make sure nobody walks out without checking out first).
- After Sale, Tear Down, and Pick-Up
- Sort unsold items by consignor #
- Bag items marked as Donate
- Assist consignors at Pick-Up
- Break down racks, organize, and pack up supplies
- We require that all volunteers fulfill their obligation to work their shifts. If volunteers do not fulfill their obligation, future participation will be suspended….that means Consigning, Volunteering, and shopping our Pre-Sales.
- If you are a Consignor and do not show up for a shift, a fee of $25.00 will be deducted from your check.
- We know circumstances arise and we will take those into consideration.
- Volunteers must be on time and fulfill the entire shift.
- If you are unable to make a shift, please let us know ASAP, as we will need to find someone to cover your shift. Unless you have someone to cover your shift, that’s even better. PLEASE PLEASE before you cancel a volunteer shift completely, try to find someone to cover it, or get someone to switch shifts with you!
- Please do not ask us to hold or purchase items before the presale. We must be fair and consistent to all our volunteers.
- Please take your shift seriously! Our sale is only as good as our volunteers!
- We love kids, but Please DO NOT bring your children to volunteer with you. Please understand that these rules have been created to ensure a smooth, successful sale! We NEED our volunteers….ALL of them at EVERY shift! And we THANK you from the bottom of our heart for your time, energy, support and love. We could not do it without YOU!!! You can sign up HERE to be a Volunteer at the next Closet Envy Consignment Event!!